sábado, 11 de febrero de 2017

Where I find myself.

I believe it is a blessing to know there is a place where you can run to when things get to overwhelming. In almost all the times in my life where I have been going through particularly challenging moments I have taken a big dip into my crafts, whether it may be knitting, weaving, painting or even cooking, it is definitely the place where breathing comes back to normal and fears are casted away. It somehow seems that the greater the stress the more I seek refuge in my crafts. 
These past two years have been quite a journey into introspection and self growth. I did not ask for it but like most things in life, circumstances just happen and all that is left is to deal with it all and try to keep upfloat. It amazes me that something as simple as handwork can make things clearer and easier to cope with. A few hours is all that it takes and then after you are done, you can keep on going with what you are expected and supposed to do. I know I am not saying anything new here, I am just stating that if a few hours of leisure handcrafting was all I needed before, after 2015 it went even further: it kept me literally sane. 
It is my wish that everybody does find and never let go of that place where all the noise of everyday life stops and is replaced by sometime of pure joy. It is like keeping a promise to your true self, precisely the place where you find yourself. 


No hay comentarios: