viernes, 7 de noviembre de 2008

Shorter Days Ahead.


The autumn is in full force now and it reminds us of its presence every day that goes by. Time is flying and after preparing everything for Halloween and "Día de Muertos" in Mexico, it's a week later and now all stores are showered with Christmas '08 stuff. I like this but the abrupt change can be stressful, especially when there is so little time and so much to do.

To say Goodbye to Halloween '08 I baked again a Pumpkin Pie, I think I found the easiest and quickest recipe around. It obviously gave me time to make a little decor and take its picture before it would be tasted. This weekend will be my last chance to cook more "pumpkin" recipes; so far I've cooked a Pumpkin Bisque, 2 Pumpkin Pies, a Pumpkin Cake, a Pumpkin Risotto and a Pumpkin Bread.

So to celebrate Autumn I finished an Ascot from Interweave's Crochet Fall 2008 issue with whom I learned how to do Tunisian Crochet. I loved it. It was quite addictive and I finished this project in a wink!

Next is a picture of another finished project I started while having the cast on my left hand. It is my own design and it combines three techniques: loom knitting (for the back), circular knitting (for the short sleeves and all-around-collar) and crochet (for the seams and flower pin). I like the results very much.

And now a little update on the Fair Isles project that I really want it to be over. I am done knitting the body and gathered up enough courage to do the "steeks" and cut my knitting (!!) Yeap, it was scary but I made sure to sew the knitting very well while practicing my sewing skills. I just need to join the shoulders and do the ribbing at the cleavage, which I hope won't be to revealing (!) Looks quite nice on the mannequin, doesn't it?


So now the list comes down to 8 projects and the above Fair Isles is at 75%
A presto!

No hay comentarios: