miércoles, 28 de enero de 2009

New Year, New Season, New Sweater.


Yes, I know it is supposed to still be Winter but here in Mexico City the temperature is starting to feel like late Spring. At 27oC at midday well, seems like the chill is gone (sigh) even flowers are starting to bloom and my little friend in the picture is enjoying it all the way.
I know that a lot of people would kill to have such weather but I just wonder that if weather is this way now how will it be by March? This global warming is no fun and to be honest I am quite worried. I know I can do many things on my own to help but it is sad to see that your next door neighbour loves wasting water washing the garage everyday with the hose, or see that the city's government is still not organized regarding recycling and nobody worries, or to realize that more and more people are buying new cars because not only the public transportation is unreliable and dangerous, but now they are cheaper thanks to the economic crisis. Well, trying to be positive here but like Al Gore says: there aren't any real signs out there to make you think that people are getting the message. In the meantime I will keep on trying to get in touch with authorities regarding recycling trash.
So changing the subject, yes, I finished a new sweater:


It was a lot of fun because it was so fast to knit! When you are starting a new year and realize that the first month is almost over, finishing a new project in less than two weeks is great!

This one will go to be nicely kept in the closet for the real winters that I may have to face in a future (Toronto is at -4 oC).

See you soon

No hay comentarios: